A Travel Medicine Consultation with Dr. Klapowitz is, essentially, a detailed discussion with you reviewing your:
- EXACT destination within the country (ies) you are visiting.
- Length of stay.
- Accommodations and activities.
- Detailed medical history.
- Vaccination history.
- Travel history and any issues during previous travel.
And that answers questions such as:
- Am I properly immunized?
- What medications do I need to prevent issues while I am away?
- How do I protect against environmental health risks?
- How will my specific medical issues (if any) impact my trip?
- How can I find healthcare abroad?
- What safety and security risks are there on this particular trip?
- What signs and symptoms of illness should I look for when I return home?
And includes administration of all vaccinations and prescriptions for all medications that you will need for your trip.
An initial consultation at our clinic can last up to an hour, so please allow ample time when scheduling an appointment.