How we maintain safety:
- All visits take place in our private, comfortable office and are by appointment only.
- We limit the number of our office visits to prevent crowding.
- We do not see individuals who have active COVID symptoms in our office.
- Strict CDC precautions are mandatory for our staff and visitors.
For Travel Consultation/Vaccination appointments, please call us at 646-648-1695. We see travelers age 12 and over for:
- Travel Medicine Consultations
Dr. Klapowitz meets with you and reviews your medical history and travel plans, administers vaccinations (including Yellow Fever vaccine), and prescribes malaria and other medications as needed.
- Follow-up Visits for Vaccinations
This is for additional shots (if needed) to be given days or weeks after an initial visit.
- Pre-Travel Physicals
An in-depth medical examination from Dr. Klapowitz. Blood draws, EKG’s, lung function testing, and urine analysis can all be performed in-office. Rapid referrals to top specialists are provided as needed.
- Rabies Vaccinations
We do not perform initial care for bite wounds or injuries and do not have immunoglobulin, but we will complete a Rabies series started in an emergency room or elsewhere. We also administer rabies vaccines for travel, work with animals, and all other indications.
If you require COVID-19 TESTING (without a Travel Consultation), please call us at 646-780-7705 and ask for “COVID testing with Dr. Klapowitz.” We test age 4 and over. Referrals are not needed.
We perform two types of COVID-19 tests, PCR and Rapid:
- PCR tests: Nasal swab tests that use Polymerase Chain Reaction technology. We send specimens to an outside lab and have the results within 1-2 days*.
- RAPID MOLECULAR tests: Nasal swab tests that use Nucleic Acid Amplification (NAAT) technology. These COVID tests are considered more accurate than many of the rapid antigen tests. Results return in about an hour.
We call you with the results of both tests and will gladly email you a copy, usually within an hour or so of our call.
Note: We do not participate with commercial insurance.
*This is not a guarantee. Our results reliably return within 24 hours. However, since the specimen is sent to an outside lab, we cannot guarantee the turn-around time.