For TRAVEL SHOTS & CONSULTATION APPOINTMENTS, please fill out the contact form below or call us at 646-648-1695. We see travelers age 12 and over for:
Travel Medicine Consultations
Human Rabies Vaccinations
- We do not perform initial care for bite wounds or injuries and do not have immunoglobulin, but we will complete a rabies series started in an emergency room or elsewhere.
- We also provide rabies vaccine appointments for your job, travel, or other activities with animals that require the vaccination. We see many veterinarians and veterinary students for rabies vaccines in NYC.
- There is no consultation fee. You pay only for each vaccination (price varies with our cost, please contact us to find out details).
- Appointments are usually available same or next-day.
- We also perform Rabies Titers. We charge $75 for the visit. We then call you with the result and send a hard-copy and/or email as soon as it is completed. The test itself, sent to an outside laboratory, is often covered by insurance (please check with your carrier).
- For more rabies vaccination and disease information, please see RABIES.
An in-depth medical examination from Dr. Klapowitz. Blood draws, EKG’s, lung function testing, and urine analysis can all be performed in-office. Rapid referrals to top specialists are provided as needed.
If you require COVID-19 TESTING (without a Travel Consultation), please call us at 646-780-7705 and ask for “COVID testing with Dr. Klapowitz.” We test age 4 and over. Tests are performed in our private practice office with minimal to no wait times. We perform two types of COVID-19 tests:
Rapid Molecular Tests:
Nasal swab tests that use Nucleic Acid Amplification (NAAT, NEAR) technology. These COVID tests are considered more accurate than many of the rapid antigen tests. Results return in about an hour.
Nasal swab tests that use Polymerase Chain Reaction technology. Results in 1-2 days.*
We can call you with the results of both tests and will gladly email you a copy, usually within an hour or so of our call.
COVID-19 Recovery Letter:
We can write this letter for you if you have proof of a positive test and you meet the CDC criteria for COVID recovery for the purposes of travel. Please call us for details.
* Please note: We send our PCR specimens to an outside laboratory. Our results return reliably within 24 hours, but our PCR result time estimates are NOT a guarantee.
We’d Love to Hear From You, Lets Get In Touch!
Julian Klapowitz, MD
Pre-Travel Preparation and Vaccinations
Certificate in Travel Health™
133 East 58th Street, Suite 1403
New York, NY 10022
CDC-Registered Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic
Travel Medicine Consultations is a GeoSentinel Affiliate Site